Hi! JillKrause.com is a new space for me, but I’ve been on the internet for a long, long time. I started my first blog- BabyRabies.com– in the summer of 2007 when I decided to get serious about getting pregnant.
Eventually, Baby Rabies morphed from my anonymous online journal to my full-time career and passion. Vogue Magazine listed me as one of 8 people to follow in your 30s, Time Magazine recognized my Twitter account as one of 140 accounts to follow. In addition, I was recognized and published by US Weekly, Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Cosmopolitan, Today.com, Washington Post, and other online, on-air, and print media outlets.
With an established and internationally recognized platform with over 100,000 readers and social followers engaged monthly, why would I ever leave it? Well, I briefly considered having a 5th baby for more content (I kid… but seriously), but I’m mentally and physically done with making babies. I no longer feel like I belong in the “baby blogger” space, which I felt the title Baby Rabies pegged me into.
View this post on Instagram
About My Family
- I have 4 children: Kendall- boy- born 2008, Leyna- girl- born 2010, Lowell- boy- born 2013, Wallace- boy- born 2016
- I’m navigating a separation and impending divorce.
- We settled in the Austin, TX area in August, 2019.
- We have two dogs- and English mastiff named Arlo and a pug named Rosie. They have an IG account @ArloandRosie.
About My Books
- My first published book- 50 Things To Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Mom’s Guide To Pregnancy– released early 2018, and my 2nd published book- LACTIVATE: A User’s Guide To Breastfeeding– released late 2019. Both are Amazon bestsellers and available in Barnes & Noble locations throughout the country.
- My first ebook- Picture Play– sold over 1300 copies in 3 months, making my Shopify shop one of the top 5% performing shops that launched in November, 2018.
- My second ebook- Picture Play: Walt Disney World- released in August, 2019.
About How I Work With Brands
I have a Bachelor of Journalism from the University of Missouri, and have been a storyteller as long as I can remember. Whether it’s telling the story of how your product or service has helped our family with a blog post, or showing that story through photos and video, I enjoy telling authentic and relatable stories for the brands I work with.
- I am highly selective about who I align with. If you think your brand may be a good fit for me and/or my family, please reach out to me via email and I’ll send along my media kit, a case study, and rates if I also think it would be a mutually beneficial partnership.