Hi! JillKrause.com is a new space for me, but I’ve been on the internet for a long, long time. I started my first blog- BabyRabies.com– in the summer of 2007 when I decided to get serious about getting pregnant.
Eventually, Baby Rabies morphed from my anonymous online journal to my full-time career and passion. Vogue Magazine listed me as one of 8 people to follow in your 30s, Time Magazine recognized my Twitter account as one of 140 accounts to follow. In addition, I was recognized and published by US Weekly, Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Cosmopolitan, Today.com, Washington Post, and other online, on-air, and print media outlets. In 2016, I won an Iris Award for Blog Of The Year, which is voted on by the parenting blogging community and presented by Mom 2.0 Summit.
With an established and internationally recognized platform with over 100,000 readers and social followers engaged monthly, why would I ever leave it? Well, I briefly considered having a 5th baby for more content (I kid… but seriously), but I’m mentally and physically done with making babies. I won’t be able to call my youngest a baby much longer, and I no longer feel like I belong in the “baby blogger” space, which I felt the title Baby Rabies pegged me into – when it was not also scaring off brands who didn’t want to work with a blogger who was possibly rabid or infected or just, apparently, writing under an “offensive title.”
I’m 38 and it’s time to figure out what’s next. JillKrause.com is where I’ll branch out beyond being a mom who’s growing and raising babies. I have a feeling a lot of you can relate to this transition.
About Our Family
- I’m married to Scott, my college sweetheart. We met at the University of Missouri.
- We have 4 children: Kendall- boy- born 2008, Leyna- girl- born 2010, Lowell- boy- born 2013, Wallace- boy- born 2016
- In 2018, after selling our “dream house” in the ‘burbs of Dallas, we set off on a year+ road trip around the United States and a bit of Canada in an RV. We documented much of this on our YouTube channel and @Happy.Loud.Life on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
- We are currently working to re-settle in the central Texas area (Austin or San Antonio).
- We have two dogs who we hope to be reunited with very soon. They were living with foster families while we adventured because they deserved more than being cooped up in an RV all day while we explored. They have an IG account @ArloandRosie.
About My Books
- My first published book- 50 Things To Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Mom’s Guide To Pregnancy– released early 2018, is an Amazon bestseller, and available in Barnes & Noble locations throughout the country.
- My first ebook- Picture Play– sold over 1300 copies in 3 months, making my Shopify shop one of the top 5% performing shops that launched in November, 2018.
About How I Work With Brands
I have a Bachelor of Journalism from the University of Missouri, and have been a storyteller as long as I can remember. Whether it’s telling the story of how your product or service has helped our family with a blog post, or showing that story through photos and video, I enjoy telling authentic and relatable stories for the brands I work with. I am highly selective about who I align with, and I strive to keep the percentage of my sponsored content below 30% of my total content creation. If you think your brand may be a good fit for me and/or my family, please reach out to me via email and I’ll send along my media kit, a case study, and rates if I also think it would be a mutually beneficial partnership.